BORN TO WRITE
Since I could, I've been writing. It started with learning how to write my name and quickly escalated to scribbling "Caroline" on every surface I could find: walls, tables, chairs, phone books, appliances, you name it.
Now that I'm older and wiser, I've traded in my crayons for pens, my parent's old typewriter for a laptop (although I'll always prefer the feeling of a notebook beneath my hands). I've worked in publishing, advertising, events planning and coordination, politics, and broadcast, and am always the first to volunteer to edit a friend's work. I live and breathe the written word and will not shy away from capturing the unique voice of any client I work on, no matter how challenging it may be.
FICTION AND CREATIVE WRITING
While my professional background is in crafting tailored content for clients in advertising, marketing, and public relations, my heart and passion lies in creative writing. As part of my passion for creative writing, I became involved with a local literary start-up based in Milwaukee - Rust - of which I occasionally write pieces for, and can be viewed below. I also write on Medium.com and my writing can be viewed via the "Blog" tab or here.
How do you make an insurance case study sound inviting in layman's terms? As part of my work with a former insurance client, I assisted in writing a series of sponsored content articles for a local business publication. These include:
- How much can you trust your employees?
- Don't let a technicality become a liability
- Ex Fabula is a non-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen the bonds of community through storytelling. In addition to my volunteer work in managing the organization's Facebook page, I occasionally write blog posts as needed. You can view all of my blog writing for Ex Fabula here.
- Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service: Make treatment easier for people with mental illness
- Cafe Quill: How to be nice (but not too nice)
- Cafe Quill: How employee engagement drives growth